Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Project

I have always loved fancy door knobs and switch plates and thought that when I own a home I would invest in them. I came across a post on Design Sponge for a DIY switch plate and decided to try it out. Since I'm living in an apartment and couldn't use the "original" plates so I went and got what I needed at the hardware store and spent less than $5.oo. I already had craft paper as well as the glue and tape I used. Design Sponge suggest that you use glue. I used Mod Podge for the first plate but it ended up being tricky to use. I used double stick tape for the rest and it was much easier to use and less messy. I switched out my plates with the original and walla! I'm super happy with the results, it adds just a punch of color. I didn't do every switch in the house, just a few. I think all the paper I used were from Amy Butler's collection, I think she's my soul sister!! If they made wallpaper out of the blue and green print it would be up in my bathroom--I love it.














4 comments:

  1. Hey.....The switch plate covers are neat! I like the one with the flowers.....& all the rest. Hope things are going well in Oregon!! It's starting to feel like fall is going and winter is coming here in Provo!! Take care.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops!! Looks like Courtney has been on my computer. Guess who this is from???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute! Good job. I might have to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete