Monday, September 21, 2009

Can I get a Hallelujah!!

So today was my first day of school. All in all the day was very painless. I had to buy my books this afternoon and I was not looking forward to it. My chemistry book was listed at $169.00--big big ouch! Seriously, how can a textbook be so much money? I was not happy. When I got to the book store I found out I could rent the book for $55.00. I almost shouted right in the poor man's face that was helping me..."Can I get a Hallelujah!!" I managed to contain my excitment but believe me I walked out a happy girl. I had a sense of serious accomplishment. It was as if I had been sweating the day away searching for a certain pair of fabulous shoes and the last store I got to had just run out, but then, just before I left the store the clerk shouts "wait, I just found the last pair, and they're on sale!!" Oh happy day!! I smile every time I think about it. Instead of spending $400 on books I got out there with only spending $275. I don't know how it's possible that there's and only in that sentence, but there is!!

On a sad note, my favorite most comfy chair broke. I'm seriously bummed. It was my spot...for one because it's comfy and two because it was the best spot to pick up my neighbors internet signal for free. I'm going to have to see how much it would cost to get it fixed and weigh it against monthly internet access....lol. I know that's probably bad but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!

I finally have a job interview tomorrow at the Children's Hospital in Portland. The job is only part-time and I'm not even sure that the hours are going to work with my school schedule but if nothing else it's practice for the many more interviews I will have in the next few weeks....I hope. I figure it takes 2-3 weeks after you apply for a job to hear back so I'm not panicking yet, that will be next week...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment