Thursday, September 10, 2009

Drivers license

In order to get my drivers license here in Oregon I had to take a drivers test. Well, I took it once and didn't pass, I got one too many questions wrong....seriously?? one question....I hate that!! After I finished the test the lady that was helping me, who by the way was adorable and called me “love” which is pretty much my favorite thing ever, says, “Oh I can't believe I didn't give you a manual to look at, oops.” She was so adorable there is no way I could have been upset. I left with my manual, and I had to go back today and re-take the test and I only missed one question, just $59.00 later and I had my license.

I've been needing a microwave and decided that I would go to Wal-mart. According to my GPS the closest one was 8 miles away. 8 miles didn't sound too far but it took me 40 minutes to get there and it wasn't even because of traffic. What a pain. I can't complain too much though because I had to cross the river and go into Vancouver Washington, and it's pretty much gorgeous in every direction so the scenic drive wasn't bad at all. I can't say I want to make that trip every time I need something so I guess I'm going to have to get used to Fred Meyer. Not that I have anything against Fred Meyer, it's just a change. It's a good thing I got my license because living on the Washington/Oregon border can be tricky. I had to prove that I was an Oregon resident at Wal-mart to buy my stuff because there is no state tax in Oregon but there is in Washington....another interesting thing is that no one can pump their own gas in Oregon. I don't know why but it's just fine with me.

I also applied for every job I could find today and I've decided that there should be a universal job application. One application that would work for every job, wouldn't that make life so much easier?

In between looking for jobs I have been working on a few things. I got this adorable mirror a while back I've always thought it needed a little something. I was debating about doing some gold leaf on it and then remember I had some gold leaf wax. It's basically the same thing just easier to use, just rub it where you want it. I'm happy with the outcome. As long as it has a bird or owl I'm going to love it.


before

after

I was going through some of my craft stuff and found these flowers that are supposed to be for cards but I thought they would make the cutest hair pins or broaches, or you could even attatch them to a headband. I made up a few and I think they turned out really cute.




This one is my favorite

1 comment: