Sunday, January 10, 2010

Finally...

It's been too long since I've posted an update so this is my attempt to catch up on my blogeddy blog blogging (per request of my one adoring follower-Jennifer)  I started working on the Psychiatric ward at OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University) at the beginning of November which is the main reason for the time lapse in blogging.  Work combined with school is always a delicate balance that doesn't seem to leave much time for anything else :(


I had a few weeks off over the holidays and was able to go Shana's house for Christmas which was a blast.  It was so good to see family.  I flew the SLC early Christmas morning and while we were flying over the Rockies the sun was coming up and it was one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen.  Every color in the rainbow was in the sunrise....incredible.  I loved spending time with Carson, he just makes my heart melt.  I've started wearing glasses since I saw him last and he asked me if the reason I had to get glasses was because I sit too close to the T.V?  -how cute!  The first night I was at his house he came to snuggle with me on the couch and said "Ashley, I missed you a thousand."  I miss him a thousand too!!  That Callie is pretty cute too! It was so fun to see them.






I started classes again on Monday and also applied for the Funeral Service program this week.  I won't find out until the end of February or beginning of March if I get accepted but I'm 90% sure I will...unless there is a huge influx of applicants...you never know.  This semester I'm taking Survey of Body Systems, Business Law and Accounting.  After this past week I realize I could have planned an easier term but at least it's only ten weeks long.  One down, nine to go!

Work is always interesting.  We had a patient who for her entire stay thought I was Sarah Palin.  She always told me that she would have voted for me over Hillary Clinton because I wear pink and Hillary doesn't.  She also told me one day that I had white angel wings on but that they were tarnished and the only way to get them clean was to go to 'Red Robin'(said in a loud singing voice!!)  There is always good comedy relief on a psychiatric unit.  I don't mean at all to make light of mental illness, it just occasionally provides for some laughs...much needed ones :)

I'm still loving Oregon even though one little snow storm can shut down the entire city.  It snowed a few inches one afternoon and people freaked out.  There were abandoned cars all over the roads because people just got to scared to drive.  I just wanted to say like Dory in Finding Nemo "just keep swimming, just keep swimming."  It was quite hillarious and frustrating all at the same time.  I have a new appreciation for the ability to drive in snow. 

That's all for now--I'll try and be more consistent, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. It's about time lady! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I've blogged too. Cute pics of the kids. Carson wants to know when you're coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Palin,
    I was thinking your white angel wings were looking a little tarnished myself, better get yourself to Red Robin and get-her-done already. Maybe if you focused less on work & school this wouldn't be such a problem for you in the future. Anway, look forward to seeing you!
    -Sara plain & tall

    ReplyDelete